Whenever we are talking about grayscale, it’s something that used to have a range of grey shades from white to black. Sometimes, a PDF file contains text and images with many colors but the important thing that you need is its file size and not the color. Moreover, other printers only support black and white files so you need to set them in grayscale format. Actually, to change a PDF to black and white is very simple, in just a few steps you can convert your PDF file into grayscale. Check the following tools together with their instructional steps on how to convert a PDF file to black and white.
2 Methods to Convert PDF to Grayscale
Apowersoft is one of the best tools that can easily convert a PDF to black and white. This tool has a comprehensive program that allows users to save their PDF file into grayscale without any hassle. Also, this tool is designed for users having difficulty editing their PDF file, for it has a clean interface. Moreover, ApowerPDF has advanced editing features such as adding text, images, watermarks, links and more. See the guide below to change your PDF file to grayscale.
1. Launch the program, click “Open Files” and select a PDF document that you will convert in the program.
2. Under “File”, click “Print”.
3. Put a check mark on “Print in grayscale (black and white)”. You can see the changes in the preview window.
PDF-XChange is a full featured editor that can help you with turning PDF files to grayscale. It enables you to set the black and white color in your PDF file in an instant. This tool can also help you to manipulate your PDF file throungh features such as add comments, annotations, secure and customize. Also, using this tool you can take snapshots, measure dimensions, create/edit web links and a lot more. Here are the steps to make your PDF file into black and white.
1. Download this software and click “File” > “Open” > “Browse” and choose the file that you need to convert to grayscale.
2. Click “File” > “Print” > “More” to set the color of your file.
3. Go to Color Override and choose “Grayscale”, then hit the “OK” button.
Another tool that can help you in turning your PDF file into black and white is Sejda. This tool is an online third-party website that has a user-friendly PDF management tool. It is easy to figure out and use, because of its clean interface. Furthermore, this tool has various features such as convert, merge, edit and a lot more. However, even though it is an online tool, it has page limitations and you can only perform 3 tasks per hour. For more information on how to convert PDF to grayscale online using Sejda, see steps below:
1. Go to its official website. From its interface, click “Upload PDF files” and choose the file that you want to convert to grayscale.
2. Then, click the “Convert PDF to grayscale” button, and wait for your file to be processed.
3. Finally, to save your file click “Download”.
These are some of the tools that you may use in converting your PDF file to black and white. They all offer an easy and nice way to convert a PDF file to grayscale. Yet, for all the tools that are listed about, I highly recommend ApowerPDF because it has advanced features that will help you to fully edit your PDF file. Also, it is a desktop tool that you can use anywhere. But it is up to your preference which tool you need.