10 Excellent PDF tools for Mac
Best PDF Converters for Mac
LightPDF is a handy PDF converter which can use on all Mac computers, including macOS Mojave. This program supports numerous file formats such as Word, PDF, PNG, JPG, PPT and so on. Moreover, users can use this program online via their computer’s browser. With it, users can easily convert their files without worry about security. And people can upload files as many times as they want without limitation. What’s more, this free PDF software for Mac has an OCR function which can convert scanned image and PDF files to editable Word, Excel, PPT, RTF etc.
- It can extract text from image and PDF, then convert them to other formats.
- It is easy to use.
- It won’t add watermark to the processed files without users’ permission.
- It doesn’t need to install any program.
- It cannot process multiple files a time.
PDFMate PDF Converter is a program that can convert PDF files to Word, ePUB, HTML, TXT, image, and SWF. The program has Windows and Mac version, which are different from each. The PDF app for Mac allows users to batch convert PDF. What’s more, users can range the pages they want to convert before conversion.
- The program is simple and clean.
- Users can set the conversion according to their needs.
- It can work for batch conversion.
- It cannot convert other formats to PDF.
- It is just compatible with macOS 10.12.
Best PDF Generators for Mac
Although the above programs can help Mac users to create PDF from other formats, here, we will introduce some others for you, which work more than that. Some can also help to create blank pages for you.
Foxit PhantomPDF Online is a web-based PDF program for Mac, which lets you make and customize your own PDF document. With it, you can add blank pages to PDF as well as convert PDF. Aside from that, it can add watermark, combine PDF files, merge, encrypt and decrypt files.
- It works as professionally as the desktop program.
- It is versatile.
- Every time you want to save the changes, you need to download the document, which is not like the desktop software.
Another PDF generator is PDF Creator Master. Users can create a PDF file made of text and images. It offers options to set the page size, quality and page margins. And you can change the output file name before conversion with this PDF program for Mac.
- It can arrange the output effect.
- It converts quickly and accurately.
- It doesn’t support editing PDF files.
- Free users can only work 3 files.
Best PDF Editors for Mac
In terms of editing PDF, you can use Smallpdf, which can edit PDF files. It lets users to add text, images, draw shapes and other figures to a PDF document. Moreover, users can use the tool with different browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- It lets users upload files from the cloud storage.
- It has multiple PDF features.
- Users can only upload up to 2 files per hour.
PDFzorro is free PDF software for Mac, which lets you edit PDF files online. This tool enables you to highlight, erase, and add lines, shapes, and signature, etc. And users can delete, move, rotate pages and so on. In addition, uploaded files are safe and secured since when the editing process is finished, you can delete it on the server instantly.
- It is ideal for beginners.
- It can upload file from a link.
- It offers the option to save the changes of editing but not to download the program.
- It offers many features for managing a PDF file.
- The interface is not clean.
Another web app on our list of best PDF tools for Mac is PDF2Go. This is an all-in-one PDF editing tool which lets you add comments, text, images, circles, arrows and many more. The program offers more options of the annotation, for example, dashed line. With the help of this program, users can easily add watermark to the file in just a few clicks.
- There is need to install any software.
- Users can utilize it anytime and anywhere.
- Some large files may not be uploaded successfully.
- It contains ads.
Best PDF Readers for Mac
PDF needs to have the perfect tool to view it. That’s why we have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. This is one of the most famous PDF tools for Mac and Windows. With this application, users can read their PDF files conveniently. Aside from that, users can highlight, annotate, add bookmark while reading. Furthermore, it has other functions, which include convert, sign and more.
- It is versatile PDF software.
- It allows users to view and edit PDF files with ease.
- It is a paid tool.
The next PDF reader we recommend is iSkysoft PDF Editor. Even though it is called editor, it is a useful PDF reader which provides several kinds of functions to help you view files on your Mac. It allows you to add or edit texts, images, links, watermarks and so on and so forth. Additionally, you can underline and highlight text, etc.
- The program is powerful and has many useful tools.
- It has a free trial version.
- It only supports macOS 10.10 and later.
3. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is the last PDF app for Mac we share this time, which is reliable and fast. It is available for iOS and Mac devices. This software is perfect for education, businesses and personal use. Besides, users can add stamp, highlight, shapes and comments on PDF while reading a document.
- It has many annotation features.
- It offers the outline of the PDF documents for users to read and jump to the targeted part.
- It can’t open two or more files a time.
All in all, these are great PDF tools for Mac that you need, which can help you read, convert, edit PDF files easily. Note that there are free and paid programs in the post, you can refer to our reviews for each application and then choose the ideal one.